Impermissible Use of the Name and Logo
Use of the names and/or logos of PayPal, Inc.’s family of brands are not permitted on the following:
- Business Cards
- Merchandise or Apparel
- Domain names
- Mailing labels
- Store windows and signs
- Press releases
- Marketing or advertising materials
- In any manner that implies you are sponsored by, affiliated with, or endorsed by PayPal, Inc. or any of its companies
- Part of Company Trademark
- Physical or Online Store or User Name
- Newsletters or Book Covers
Brand Uses That Do Not Require Written Permission
Referring to PayPal, Inc. and/or any of its companies in a plain text font and format only.
- For example, you may use the PayPal name to refer to PayPal (for example, “We accept payments via PayPal” or “I am a PayPal merchant”), the Venmo name to refer to Venmo (for example, "Pay me on Venmo"), and the Braintree name to refer to Braintree (“I set up my online payments system with Braintree”)
- Unaltered screenshots in educational or non-profit materials.
- Materials used for instruction in a classroom or virtual learning environment.
- Materials produced by or for the benefit of non-profit organizations for educational, instructional, informational, or similar non-commercial purposes.
PayPal merchants may use various logos as part of their merchant agreement.
Brand Uses That Require Written Permission
The following uses require written permission from PayPal, Inc.
Use in Paid Online Search Engine Advertisements
If you are interested in using the name of PayPal, Inc. and/or one of its companies in your paid online search engine advertisements, such as Google, Bing, or Yahoo!, you must complete the request form below and provide all of the required information.
You must provide mock-ups of your advertisements for review and approval. If permission is granted, it will be limited to the expressly approved advertisements. Please note we do not permit the use of the names of PayPal, Inc. or its companies in the title of advertisements. Finally, you must specify in what countries/ geographic markets your advertisements will be distributed. If your advertisements are in a foreign language, English translations must be provided.
Use in Films, TV Productions, and Commercials.
If you are interested in using any of PayPal, Inc.'s intellectual property, including trademarks, logos, screenshots to other brand assets, in a film, a television show, or a commercial, you must complete the request form below and provide all of the required information.
You must provide a synopsis of your production, a detailed description of what PayPal, Inc.'s intellectual property you would like to use and in what manner. You must also submit relevant script pages and mock-ups of how PayPal, Inc.'s intellectual property will appear on screen. Finally, you must specify in what countries/ geographic markets your production will be distributed and by what means (for example, Internet TV, cable networks, YouTube, etc.).
Do you need permission to use PayPal materials?